Sho

A year

It's been a year. I knew the date was coming since September started, since i ran randomly into an email you have sent me 2 days before I left. It's been a year. A year since I said my final goodbye on a text message and took off to the other side of the world. It's been a year and I can still feel how terrified and excited I was as i landed on Zaventem. It's been a year and I still know how horrible it was to not understand a word for weeks and then how funny it was when I made mistakes and people corrected me at the office.


It's been a year. A year since it took 15 minutes to order a sandwich because I could only point out stuff since I didnt know the name. A year since I laughed in the office with Thomas and Pierre-Yves and tried to understand when Laurent explained stuff economics and belgian politics. I'm sorry Laurent, but for about the first 3 months I barely understood a thing. A year since my colleagues gave me a crash course on good belgian beer, a year since the trip that began mid-morning cake started.

It's been a year. A year since I moved to the country with paved streets and a coffee-obsession. A year since I left to meet some new friends who became pretty much family. A year... It's been a year since I took a plane that lead me to linguistic discussions and the recurrent questions of "c'est quoi ça?, et ça s'ecrit comment?" or "is that correct in english? I mean is that the way to say it?", to sundays that started by going to sleep around 5 or 8 and waking up at 2, to wasted weekends just eating and talking with friends.

It's been a year. A year since I began the most exciting and yet difficult journey of my life. Because missing you wasn't easy. Missing people never is, and missing some is simply indescribable.

It's been a year. And I miss you guys. I hate the fact that ryanair doesnt fly accross the Atlantic, or that I cannot just grab a train and be there in a couple of hours. As I said to Riza on my first week back in this side of the world: I have faith. We will see each other soon enough.

0 comentarios:

El award que me dio Carliux (MUA!)

The Addicting Blog Award
Awarded by Auxiliadora to Nicole