Sho

On the subject of Paris

Woke up at 6 30 am. My train left at 7:23 direction Bruxelles-Midi. I was half sleep, half awake the entire way over there. Got to Bruxelles-Midi, met Marce and looked for the quai. Ive come to realize that there are now words I only know in french. Most of the words I know about trains are in french.


Somewhere on my way to France I also noticed i dont seem to find it more relaxing to speak spanish anymore. It used to be a liberating moment when I got to speak spanish. Now, it feels the same. It feels the same to speak french or spanish. Two months ago I could barely speak without feeling like a martian. On thursday, on my way to Paris, I realized french doesn't seem like martian anymore.

Got to Paris after and hour and 20 minutes on the thalys. Realized it takes longer to get from Huy to Bruxelles-Midi than from Bruxelles to Paris. Bought a Ticket Paris Visite for 5 days. Got to the subway. I know subways. It comes second nature to me. Ive never gotten lost at the subway. I have to tell you, Paris metro is not exactly pretty (and doesn't smell exactly nice). Pretty much smells like pee. Like all metros I know. Perhaps if it wasn't mostly done in white tile, I would have had a deja vu with New York.

We went and ate McDonald's. Went to the apartment, left our things and headed to the Eiffel Tower. I wasn't particularly impressed. Yes, it's pretty. But there are things about Paris that took my breath away, and the tower wasn't one of them. I ate a crepe and searched for a Kebab anywhere near the tower. I promised Edith I would. I am sorry chichi, couldn't find a freaking kebab in Paris... I am that special. We left the tower and headed to the Arc du triomphe. I loved how the light moved inside the corridor that leads to the Arch. Yes the arch is pretty. Not mind-blowing though. Walked through Champs Elysées. I have never cared for brands. And not even Paris can make me care.

Got the Petit Palais and the Grand Palais. There's this garden just before you get to the Petit Palais. there is a statue there. I loved it. I found myself in that situation in Paris. Discovering something my guide didn't have in it and loving it, but being unable to say exactly what it was. we continued walking and arrived to Les invalides. Yes, it can be pretty. But it's not moving. At least not to me. So we continued to the nearest metro station and this wonderful woman from Quebec helped us get back to Trocadero. Went up to the second floor of the Tower. The third floor would have been pushing it considering my fear of heights.

Met the city of Blinding lights. Wished i had a better camera. And then, i just admired it. Lights everywhere. You can see the entire city. You can recognize its places even by night. what can i Say? I can totally understand why Bono wrote a song for Paris. I saw the city and I wished you could all be there to see it with me. It was one of those moments when you stand in front of something great and I wished Majo could be there, and the extension of my soul, and gabyrucha being a bad influence, and Carro helping me find adventures (who is probably hating me for writting this post in english and saying NICOLE HABLE EN SU PROPIO IDIOMA)... So I took many pictures. So I could at least share what I saw.

I figured I had to take lots of pictures. Each time I saw a random thing that reminded me of you, everytime i saw anything that made me smile by just thinking what you would have said in that entire moment. Because I wasn't in Paris just with Marce, I was there with every single one of you in my mind. Isa and Carla would have loved talking books in Boulevard St. Michel, Olalla would have sat to listen to the music in each metro station, Gaby, Diana, Vivi would have been extremely funny and inappropiate, Majo would have loved each and every single church, Carro would have killed me for not bringing the swiss knife (carro, yo soy especial, fijo no la hubiera sacado del bolso y me la hubieran quitado entrando al Louvre y yo no puedo volver sin su cuchilla), Elisa would have found something Marie Curie related for us to visit, Agus would have stayed in the greek part of the Louvre the entire day, Green would have loved the photo expo right next to the louvre.

So, on the subject of Paris... Being in Paris was like walking with all of you for 4 days. So i gotta say, I kind of love Paris for giving me that.

And now... I should really go to sleep.

3 comentarios:

Carla dijo...

:') Awwwww! Qué divino París, qué dicha que le haya ido bien! :D

..::María José::.. dijo...

Gracias por llevarme a todos lados... por invitarme a conocer París y por compartir conmigo los cielos de Europa!! Ahora puedo rajar de que estuve ahí!! ;P

Te amo! ♥ !

Unknown dijo...

Am I "the extension of my soul"??? Lol

Love u babe!!!

PDT: Gaby, Vivi and me " inappropiate"??? How could that be???

El award que me dio Carliux (MUA!)

The Addicting Blog Award
Awarded by Auxiliadora to Nicole